Get started with your card
Here, we've gathered everything you need to know before you start using your Eurocard.
Frequently asked questions and answers
How do I activate my new Eurocard?
You can easily activate your card in the Eurocard-app under Services or via My Eurocard.
You can also activate your card by making a purchase in a store or by using an ATM. Your first purchase in a store has to be made using chip and PIN code. Afterwards you can use the tap function to pay.
Your card can not be activated by an online purchase.
Can I apply for e-invoice before receiving my first invoice?
Yes, if you have a private card or a corporate card where you pay the invoice, you can apply for e-invoice as soon as the card has been ordered.
Can I activate my card by completing a store purchase or by using an ATM?
Yes, if you do not wish to activate the card in the Eurocard app, you can activate it by making a purchase in a store or by using an ATM.
Your first purchase in a store has to be made using chip and PIN code. Afterwards you can use the tap function to pay.
Can I choose my own PIN code?
Yes, with Eurocard you can choose your own PIN code. Before receiving the card you have the option of choosing your own code.
If you wish to change your PIN code at a later time you can do so by contacting Customer Services. Make sure to have your card nearby. This incurs a fee for a new card.
Where is Eurocard accepted?
Eurocard is linked to Mastercard which means that the card is accepted worldwide.
What should I think about when it comes to credit card security?
Here are some good tips for card security:
- Treat your card as the high-value product it is.
- Take special care with the card if someone grabs your attention, for example in a market or at an ATM.
- Never share information about your PIN code
- Always check the amount before approving a purchase. Once you have entered your PIN, you have approved the purchase.
- When you receive your invoice, check that the amounts match your receipts.
- Do not disclose card numbers, codes or personal information via email or SMS.
If you lose your card, block it immediately! Call +358 8 0015 5777 (open 24 hours) if this happens to you.